Friday, November 5, 2010

Not What I Expected

Today was the day I was finally released from captivity. I had spent two years with the Indians. They took me into town to ransom me, and as we entered the town I saw her up on the scaffold. She was just as pretty as I remembered, but she was holding something, a baby. My thoughts were running a mile per second, but the one thought that stuck out was: Why is Hester holding a baby and wearing a scarlet A on her bosom? I asked around and discovered that my wife had an affair with someone (no one knew his name). How did this happen? I was gone two years and she decides to go off an have an affair with someone. Its horrible, but I should have expected it. We are several years apart. She's young, beautiful and did not deserve to be stuck with an old scholar like me. However she is still my wife and I must find out who her lover is and then DESTROY him.

No comments:

Post a Comment