Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Broken Promises

   Who did I run into today? Hester Prynne. She wants to tell Dimmsdale about our relationship. How could she do that? She promised she would keep my identity a secret! So what, it has been seven years since we made this promise, but still a promise is a promise. Honestly, I'm suprised she hasn't already told Dimmsdale; I know that I would have told him by then. I think that by not telling Dimmsdale once I figured out who he really was, I saved him. He could have been thrown into jail, then possibly the gallows. Clearly I did him a favor by dragging out his torture for seven long years! I asked Hester if she remember how I was nine years ago, earnest, studious, and thoughtful. Of course she remembered, but my have I changed. I've become a fiend; all of my deeds have hidden, evil, and ugly means behind them. We argued and then ended with me telling her to do what wishes and to "Let the black flower blossom as it may!" We'll see what happens. I wonder if she will even tell him?

No comments:

Post a Comment